View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugoye View Post
This is more a question about current theories. I'm pretty convinced by those who argue that Rand has to die. The prophecies/dreams all seem to call for it in one way or another, and it's just a good literary move. Here's my question: according to the theorists who make this case, will the series end with Rand dead? In other words, if Rand is ressurected, is this only temporary?

For instance, I've seen one idea (maybe Terez?) that perhaps Rand takes a knife ter'angreal on his way to SG (to do whatever needs to be done there). Would this sort of theory imply that the series will end with Rand dead?
It depends on what you mean by "dead." According to the Ael'finn, Rand will live after he dies ("To live, you must die"). Moreover, there is Nicola's Foretelling that, "...he who is dead yet lives."

Do these mean Rand will be resurrected in some way, or do they refer to his afterlife as Hero of the Horn and his eventual rebirth?

Different theories call for different scenarios, so there isn't one answer to your question.