View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused at birth View Post
the difference is she would now have a choice to be normal and live a peaceful life. but if you ended up as a hero you would likely make the choice to save the world again and end up stuck in the cycle

it does give them a way out if they want one though, I was just thinking about the horn and it seems like a crappy deal to me, yes i would like to believe I would be able to step up and do the deed that might earn a place but i am not sure I would take the deal if I had the chance to say no.

sort of like why Ishy wants the world to end, i dont think i would like to spend the rest of time being thrown into the crappy times for the rest of time and ending up dying to save people who cant be bothered to save themselves.

wonder how many people here would take that option?
Given that we don't know what other option is, it's not such a stretch. Heroes, at least, get to have an afterlife in which they are conscious of their own souls. Sure, they forget that once they are spun out, but in the intervening years they can actually live. Uh...so to speak.

If you had to choose between such an afterlife and simple oblivion, which would seem more attractive?