Thread: RIP America
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Certainly a lot to justify the above sentiment considering the post mortem, but Bernie's stances on Brexit, on trade, on education reform, all scared the crap out of me nearly as much as Trump. I still find it hard to fathom however that Trump won Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and seemingly Michigan too. Bernie, with his anti-trade message would have likely won all three of those states and the election.

Hopefully we get a better candidate (maybe Michelle Obama) in 4 years, and Trump has only filled one seat on the Court, and not two by then. Even with just that he's going to do a lot of damage, maybe irreparable (social security likely will be gutted, as will the ACA and EPA) considering he has a Republican Congress. Our only hope is that he is so petty that he ignites a civil war between himself and the Republicans in Congress, which considering Trump, is quite possible.
Even then, Republicans won't give up the stranglehold they now have on politics. Redistricting, voter suppression laws, SCOTUS, Congress, governors, state legislatures. They have all the power. Can literally rewrite the Constitution if they wish. But why bother as they can do whatever they want without recourse.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus