View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Noble View Post
Newbie!
Decided to attempt the WOT series now that it's completed. However, I'm a few chapters in and I'm not hooked... I'm just coming off GOT and I know they're two different stories (although the coin Moraine gave them in Chapter 2 felt very Faceless Men and I'm wondering if it'll be of more importance later?), but I'm hoping there will be theories and character cross overs like GOT to keep me involved in the series because that's the type of stuff I like most.

Any advice to a newbie to keep me into it?
Welcome!!

I have read the series 10+ times but I had a hard time getting through The Eye of the World the first time (read the first 100 pages, put the book down for a year before starting again and getting hooked). Just about all the books in the series start slowly and build up to an action climax that is worth it. There are many many theories and character cross-overs, but you will only see the theory foreshadowing at first, and the character cross-overs once the characters split up.

Just from your first few posts, I can see that the book is making you think about what is going on behind the scenes. You have barely scratched the surface though!! And with regard to having feelings for and getting to know characters, that will definitely happen if you keep reading - The Eye of the World only has a few main POV characters, while future books have many more so that you can see the world from and appreciate different perspectives.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon