View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by connabard View Post
4-6 are also my favourite, I think RJ struck the best balance between minor POV characters and the larger ones.
Those three and New Spring are my favorites as well. I miss not having the other two prequels nearly as much as I can't help but wonder still at what RJ might have made of the ending in contrast to the admirable but disappointing job that Sanderson made of it. I've reread even my least favorite of the RJ books, CoT, many times. But I've yet to ever reopen the Sanderson books.

Quote:
I will say that GoT is just very much a different thing than WoT, about as different as two fantasy stories can be. I think GRRM is/was better at writing morally grey characters and also devious ones (i.e. Littlefinger) but to be fair I don't feel like RJ really wanted that in WoT. Anyways, I digress.
Yeah, if the OP is really looking/hoping for something more similar to aSoIaF, Malazan would have been the nearer analogue.