View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Yeah, if the OP is really looking/hoping for something more similar to aSoIaF, Malazan would have been the nearer analogue.
ugh. Hated Malazan (but that's about 50% because I happen to think that Eriksson is a pompous ass IRL, which has little to do with the actual writing, I'm aware but somehow can't disregard) but I see what you mean. Malazan has a similar sense of not knowing which characters are going to live, who are now the "good guys" and why etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Honestly, I've only read A Memory of Light once...for several reasons but most of all because it not being written by RJ.

It being the very end of a very long road for me as a reader has also made it not something that has made me want to read it again or even do full reread ever again...despite that being something I did a minimum of every year from the early 1990s until the year aMoL came out.

Very odd how that happened.
Yeah. I only read aMoL once too, it's a painful book in several ways - end of a journey for sure, and still leaving so many unanswered questions... I don't know what would have happened, how it would've been, if Jordan had written it - we'll never know. It's a good book, a great culmination to an amazing series... but it's an end to a very important chapter in my life. One that I really don't want to end, lol. Hence the coming around here all these years

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill