View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

EDITED TO ADD: For everyone else, if you haven't read Fionavar Tapestry, and you don't want to have spoilers, DON'T READ THE LINK I PROVIDE it ruins the books with spoilerage!!

Not sure if you have ever read the Fionavar Tapestry trilogy of books by Guy Gavriel Kay (The Summer Tree, The Wandering Fire, The Darkest Hour published 1984-1986). (again, thanks to Ishara and Powerslave for recommending those books years ago!!)

Kay worked with Tolkien's son on editing some posthumous works (hellllo Silmarillion), which I find interseting when reading his OWN books.

Anywho...there are a few papers out there on Kay's work. Some of the storytelling in his books are echoed by RJ (whose WOT was published in what, 1990?) in the basic premise (3 boys and 2 girl set out on a journey to help save a world, led by a mysterious man (FT) or woman (WOT) with magical powers & his/her well of power ( FT = "source" Matt, WOT = "warder" Lan), the Wild Hunt, Tree of Life, Arthurian Legend, Native American faith, and on and on and on)so the published analysis of Kay might similarly support your ideas--or at least lead you in the right direction for your own research

Here is a place to start (especially the references used):

http://www.brightweavings.com/schola...hinfantasy.htm

but there are more out there if you search. A good place to start is Wikipedia and work your way BACKWARDS in their references (which are actual, vs. the unreliability of Wiki itself).

Good luck! I would be interested to read the final product
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001

Last edited by SauceyBlueConfetti; 03-15-2013 at 02:24 PM.