art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > General "Other" Books Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2017, 03:41 AM
Ancient

Oatman is just really niceOatman is just really niceOatman is just really niceOatman is just really niceOatman is just really niceOatman is just really nice
Default Assassin's Fate

The series is now complete.

Overall, I think this is my least favorite of Hobbs series. I enjoyed it, and it kept drawing me back to find out what was happening next, but I don't think it will ever be a series I read again.

Some opinions on the series as a whole:
Spoiler:

• Although becoming more interesting by the end, I didn't really enjoy Bee's character.
• I found myself looking forward to Bee's chapters for the chance of Nighteyes. This made me realise how much Fitz's story suffered from lack of Nighteyes.
• It was nice to see characters from Liveship and Dragon Keeper, but some of it felt a bit forced, and the more interesting things brought up weren't explored.
• The series ended in the way I expected it to, more or less. I was surprised when this disappointed me, since it seemed the only logical endpoint.
• My disappointment in the ending, and probably the series as a whole, stems from the fact that the relationship between Fitz and Fool makes no sense to me. I didn’t see the relationship develop my first read through the original trilogy, and even looking for it the second time I didn't see it. But for very brief periods, all Fool does is mock and manipulate Fitz. The ending could not have been different because of the stated love between Fitz and Fool, but was less satisfying because the love made no sense.
• I would have preferred Fitz to share his Wolf-dragon with the Chade, Kettricken, and Thick. People strongly tied to Fitz, all in the later years of their lives. To me, all of those relationships made a lot more sense than Fitz and Fool.

"From the Oatman Prophecies."

Writer of the Breakfast Prophecies for the Lord of the Morning

RS is an idiot.