art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): legavulaprinc,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Bernie was even worse than Hillary. The problem was that both dem candidates were awful. They should have convinced/forced Joe Biden to run.
Ironically, they forced him NOT to run as it was "Hillary's Turn".

Same reason her only opponent was an Independent and not an actual party member.

This is what happens when someone is annointed instead of earning the spot.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Price is gone.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/29/po...price-resigns/

Wonder if he ever actually wrote that token reimbursement check? My guess is no. It also begs the question, is Zinke next?
Zinke is human garbage...way worse than Price in a lot of ways. He's also a terrible manager of people given his idiotic disgusting comments about his Dept (30% aren't loyal to me, blah blah blah). I cant believe he actually said that even if he thought it. One, Federal employees swear an oath of allegiance to the Constitution...the same oath that military members swear actually (and former members of Congress like Mr. Zinke so you'd think he'd be familiar with it...same with former Navy SEALS like him). But I digress.

He's corrupt as can be and literally intent on destroying our national parks and protected public lands all for the oil/gas industry. Its sad and destroying the Dept's morale. No wonder he probably gets a frosty reception from the 75000 people that have dedicated their lives and careers to maintaining those national resources.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 10-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Who'd a thunk that the once controversial candidate would actually be one of the few decent choices? Oh, and Tillerson seems to be getting to the brink with his orangeness, the lord of tiny hands, Moron. I mean, uh, Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politi...ron/index.html
Old 10-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Who'd a thunk that the once controversial candidate would actually be one of the few decent choices? Oh, and Tillerson seems to be getting to the brink with his orangeness, the lord of tiny hands, Moron. I mean, uh, Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politi...ron/index.html
This internecine strife continues to smolder...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41546140

Quote:
In a series of tweets, Mr Trump said: "Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement).
"He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said 'NO THANKS.' He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!
"Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!"
Mr Corker responded: "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center.
"Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."
Hope republicans at least find it amusing that our govt now feels like an episode of Jerry Springer.

Meanwhile in the second half of our white trash sitcom, Trump sent Pence to Indy to walk out in faux-outrage after a couple of nfl players again protested the flag.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0f6eed35114bd

Is it just me, or does it seem like it's only the confederacy types that are having a tantrum over "defense" of the Union flag? Even leaving aside the larger social injustice angle to the protest, why the hell are we even still having this patriotic nonsense at sporting events? Having this at the Olympics is one thing, but why are we pushing all of this patriotism for everyday sporting events? Am I the only one that thinks that all of this nationalism is in poor taste?

Last edited by Kimon; 10-08-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

You're probably right. They should fly the Confederate flag at those events; see how the players like that.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:02 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
You're probably right. They should fly the Confederate flag at those events; see how the players like that.
I doubt the Trumpers would see any difference in the flag though. Considering we still have quite a few that think Puerto Ricans somehow aren't US citizens.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, those also think that Hawaii is a Kenyan province, so they do have consistency on their side.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Trump says he could beat Tillerson in an IQ test.

Yes, our gov't has devolved to the point where a sitting President has challenged his Secretary of State to an IQ test after the SecState called the President a "fucking moron".

Making America Great Again.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Trump apparently is still agitated enough by the “moron” comments that he is now challenging Tillerson to an IQ test comparison.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41570266

Has anyone here ever actually taken a real IQ Test? I was under the impression that they had been thoroughly discredited since the ‘70s. What exactly would one even expect Trump and Tillerson to score on one? 110? Even thinking that both of them, frankly, are morons, I’d still expect them both to score above 100, but neither strike me as clever.

I’d think that this would be an embarrassing outcome for both men, though it obviously won’t ever actually happen. And if it did, most Americans would probably require an explanation on even what was a good, an average, and a poor score.

Last edited by Kimon; 10-10-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

What an unmitigated disaster this president has been.

Speaking of disaster, you would think the Bible thumping Republicans would recognize such an obvious rebuke from their God with the ongoing, record breaking natural disasters ravaging their country. Or perhaps recognize climate change. Either option won't sit well with them, I'm sure.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 10-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Trump says he could beat Tillerson in an IQ test.

Yes, our gov't has devolved to the point where a sitting President has challenged his Secretary of State to an IQ test after the SecState called the President a "fucking moron".

Making America Great Again.
Are they going to measure dick size next?
Old 10-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Trump apparently is still agitated enough by the “moron” comments that he is now challenging Tillerson to an IQ test comparison.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41570266

Has anyone here ever actually taken a real IQ Test? I was under the impression that they had been thoroughly discredited since the ‘70s. What exactly would one even expect Trump and Tillerson to score on one? 110? Even thinking that both of them, frankly, are morons, I’d still expect them both to score above 100, but neither strike me as clever.

I’d think that this would be an embarrassing outcome for both men, though it obviously won’t ever actually happen. And if it did, most Americans would probably require an explanation on even what was a good, an average, and a poor score.

I took a couple when I was younger in school to get into the "gifted" program.

I scored a 144 and a 150 on the two I took. I don't really consider myself all that smart though.

I'd imagine Trump would probably score right around 100 at best...in his prime. These days, I suspect he'd be in the high 80s given his descent into dementia. I'd imagine that Tillerson would score a good bit higher than Trump though.

Last edited by Davian93; 10-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita View Post

Speaking of disaster, you would think the Bible thumping Republicans would recognize such an obvious rebuke from their God with the ongoing, record breaking natural disasters ravaging their country. Or perhaps recognize climate change. Either option won't sit well with them, I'm sure.
Nope, those are because we've legalized gay marriage and due to all the kneeling at NFL games. We need to double down on our bigotry to bring this country back from the brink.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita View Post

Dav, come on. All of that is just a symptom. The cause was electing a black man. Thanks Obama.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, not US-based, but related to the topic of (Russian-organized) fake news and tactics to potentially combat this:

Baltics-Russian disinformation war

particularly this:
Quote:
"It's best to increase the resistance of people, starting with media literacy education from school-age, so they can't be easily influenced by any news, or opinions," Beniusis told DW.

Yet the real danger of Russian disinformation is when it targets the poorest and most vulnerable elements of the Baltic society who feel abandoned by the state, ridiculed in the media and ignored by the public.

"The most important thing in fighting propaganda is to fight our nation's problems," said Ricardas Savukynas, "When people feel enabled to solve their problems, they can never be victimized."

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 10-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Ancient

It would be nice if Sasse didn't seem like a lone voice in the republican wilderness on this, but better than none I suppose...

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...oath-of-office

Of course, if Sasse is willing to posit as to whether Trump is violating his oath of office with his threatening to pull NBC's license, and if Corker is willing to posit that Trump is a deranged lunatic who is only barely being held in check by Kelly and Mattis, it does beg the question, what would Trump have to do for their rhetoric to finally become action? Are they, as Bannon hinted at in Vanity Fair, perhaps just all hoping that Kelly and Mattis will take care of the mad emperor for them, either via the 25th Amendment, or via more praetorian means?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
It would be nice if Sasse didn't seem like a lone voice in the republican wilderness on this, but better than none I suppose...

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...oath-of-office

Of course, if Sasse is willing to posit as to whether Trump is violating his oath of office with his threatening to pull NBC's license, and if Corker is willing to posit that Trump is a deranged lunatic who is only barely being held in check by Kelly and Mattis, it does beg the question, what would Trump have to do for their rhetoric to finally become action? Are they, as Bannon hinted at in Vanity Fair, perhaps just all hoping that Kelly and Mattis will take care of the mad emperor for them, either via the 25th Amendment, or via more praetorian means?
Remember when people used to joke about Reagan maybe going senile while in office...and we all had a good laugh and SNL even did that amazing Phil Hartman skit where Reagan was actually the brains behind it all and the folksy act was just that, an act? I miss those days where we used to be able to joke about a President being a bit eccentric/slow due to age.

Now its just terrifying and he's likely going to kill a bunch of people before its all over.

Last edited by Davian93; 10-12-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Ancient

Aparently we are now picking a fight with Unesco as well...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41598991
Old 10-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Aparently we are now picking a fight with Unesco as well...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41598991
To be fair, every single time I go to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, I definitely feel like both the US and Israel are being discriminated against.

Stonehenge? Discrimination!
Skellig Islands? Discrimination!
Edinburgh Castle? Discrimination!
Tower of London? Totally Discriminatory!!!

I could go on but I think my point is clear.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Elder

And Trump continues digging that hole. Apparently all he needed to do was toss out a few roles of paper towels, and now he's calling it good in Puerto Rico.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/u...y-forever.html