art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
I'm partially convinced that whomever gives him his phone is a deep state operative, enabling Trump so he can destroy himself. Give that person a medal.
Its been over 13 hours since he's tweeted now...nearly a new record for him.

He did send out Carter Page to make an ass of himself on all the cable news shows tonight though.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-30-2017, 11:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Its been over 13 hours since he's tweeted now...nearly a new record for him.

He did send out Carter Page to make an ass of himself on all the cable news shows tonight though.
I'm thinking more like the media types in the white house all have to draw straws and the one that gets the short straw is the one that has to go out on TV. Either that or the message comes down and it's a game of "not it".

Perhaps I'm a horrible person, but the idea that everyone in the White House is living a horrible second childhood surrounded by petulant people that have never grown up makes me day just a little bit better.

These guys should have had everything they wanted, but instead, it's all turned to ash.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:20 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Well, this will cement Kelly as little more than a Klan member for years to come.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apo...042059833.html
Old 10-31-2017, 10:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this kills any remaining "he's a good guy in a bad job doing his best to contain the damage" bullshit narrative that many had been pushing. Kelly is just as much a giant POS as the rest of them.

Being a high ranking military officer doesn't make you magically a good person. Plenty of them are just as awful as any other person. Hell, from a historical factor, just look at Curtis LeMay for a similar parallel.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 10-31-2017, 10:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Well, Trump found his phone again this morning and wowza, he's stupid...

@RealDonaldTrump:Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar. Check the DEMS!

Oh, is this easily disprovable? Yes, thank you for asking:

Washington Post Interview, March 21, 2016

Quote:
RYAN: Thank you… We’ve heard you’re going to be announcing your foreign policy team shortly… Any you can share with us?

TRUMP: Well, I hadn’t thought of doing it, but if you want I can give you some of the names… Walid Phares, who you probably know, PhD, adviser to the House of Representatives caucus, and counter-terrorism expert; Carter Page, PhD; George Papadopoulos, he’s an energy and oil consultant, excellent guy; the Honorable Joe Schmitz, [former] inspector general at the Department of Defense; [retired] Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg; and I have quite a few more. But that’s a group of some of the people that we are dealing with. We have many other people in different aspects of what we do, but that’s a representative group.
Just some low level guy...not even sure he really worked there. Just stopped by for the complimentary newspapers we had by the door.

Oh, here's a photo of Trump and Sessions meeting with the rest of the low level volunteers...

Young George is the third from the left. Nice of them to let some random volunteer sit in on that meeting.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Well, Trump found his phone again this morning and wowza, he's stupid...

@RealDonaldTrump:Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar. Check the DEMS!

Young George is the third from the left. Nice of them to let some random volunteer sit in on that meeting.
Just remember: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Also, courts of law, especially the federal types, don't listen to "spin". Every time he grabs his phone he's just digging deeper.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

If worse comes to worst, president Pence will pardon him, so no worries. After all, he is no crook, is he?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:26 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
If worse comes to worst, president Pence will pardon him, so no worries. After all, he is no crook, is he?
He could, but only if he’s dumb (which frankly seems the case, but...). That pardon haunted Ford, and unlike Pence, Ford was well-liked and respected by many dems and republicans. No dems like Pence. Pence would arguably be worse for the country than Trump, if only because Pence would be more likely to accomplish awful republican legislation, more likely to get re-elected.

Won’t matter. Trump won’t resign, and he won’t get impeached. At least not unless the dems retake the House, which is not going to happen. Treason, money laundering, tax evasion, could all be proved and most republicans still wouldn’t care. Most of them think it’s worse to collude with the dems than to collude with the Russians.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
He could, but only if he’s dumb (which frankly seems the case, but...). That pardon haunted Ford, and unlike Pence, Ford was well-liked and respected by many dems and republicans. No dems like Pence. Pence would arguably be worse for the country than Trump, if only because Pence would be more likely to accomplish awful republican legislation, more likely to get re-elected.

Won’t matter. Trump won’t resign, and he won’t get impeached. At least not unless the dems retake the House, which is not going to happen. Treason, money laundering, tax evasion, could all be proved and most republicans still wouldn’t care. Most of them think it’s worse to collude with the dems than to collude with the Russians.
Quote:
Scott Dworkin‏Verified @funder
Fmr RNC staffer told me Trump’s asked about the resignation process—it’s the 4th person who’s told me this & WH hasn’t denied #TrumpResign
So. This may be a thing.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So. This may be a thing.
Well, we know that Papadopoulos has been wearing a wire for the feds, maybe Trump was raging yesterday because he’d been talking to Papadopoulos recently himself.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Ancient

There was just another mass shooting. In Manhatten.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41825577

The 2nd Amendment is an abomination.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Well, we know that Papadopoulos has been wearing a wire for the feds, maybe Trump was raging yesterday because he’d been talking to Papadopoulos recently himself.
Yeah, but how incriminating could it be ordering a coffee? No reason for twitter rage there unless he got his order wrong...
Old 10-31-2017, 05:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:

The headline of your link: New York attack: At least six killed by man driving truck.

Are you implying that pickup trucks are protected by the second amendment?

The driver was shot by police, but the article says:

Quote:
A man who emerged from the vehicle brandishing imitation guns was shot and arrested by police officers.
Are you suggesting that the Police should not be armed or that the second amendment doesn't apply to them?

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:12 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
The headline of your link: New York attack: At least six killed by man driving truck.

Are you implying that pickup trucks are protected by the second amendment?

The driver was shot by police, but the article says:

Are you suggesting that the Police should not be armed or that the second amendment doesn't apply to them?
Earlier version said that he hit a group of bikers, a school bus, and then shot at the crowd of fleeing pedestrians.

Guns are evil. The 2nd Amendment is evil. Fake guns in this incident doesn't change that.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Ancient

Might be prudent for Puidgemont and the other thirteen Catalan exiles to formally request asylum...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41825030

Quote:
Spain's high court has summoned sacked Catalan leader Carles Puidgemont and 13 other members of his dismissed government to appear later this week.
It also gave them three days to pay a deposit of €6.2m ($7.2m) to cover potential liabilities.
The summons comes after Spain's chief prosecutor on Monday said he would press charges including rebellion.
Quote:
Mr Puigdemont turned up in Brussels on Monday as Spanish Attorney-General José Manuel Maza called for Catalan leaders to face charges of rebellion, sedition and misuse of public funds.
Quote:
The charge of rebellion carries a maximum 30-year jail term.
Is anyone really going to pretend that what they did is really much different from what Nicola Sturgeon did in Scotland? Can anyone imagine England reacting in the same way Spain has?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

It's not going to happen. If a bunch of children getting murdered wasn't enough to do it nothing will. At this point the only recourse is to wait a couple of generations for the whole gun crazed culture to die off and hope that the next generation (or probably the one after that) see a little more reason and don't have the same social factors around that we (you?) do.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Ancient

Quote:
It's not going to happen. If a bunch of children getting murdered wasn't enough to do it nothing will. At this point the only recourse is to wait a couple of generations for the whole gun crazed culture to die off and hope that the next generation (or probably the one after that) see a little more reason and don't have the same social factors around that we (you?) do.
I am at times like this left with the inevitable pondering as to how much potentially better off the Midwest and West might have been had Britain not agreed to let America have all of this territory as part of the Peace of Paris that concluded the Revolution, and had we all instead just remained part of Britain and then Canada.

Last edited by Kimon; 11-01-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I am at times like this left with the inevitable pondering as to how much potentially better off the Midwest and West might have been had Britain not agreed to let America have all of this territory as part of the Peace of Paris that concluded the Revolution, and had we all instead just remained part of Britain and then Canada.
Interesting theory, but there's no guarantee that Canada or Britain would have done much better with the territory. Also, California has a slight impact on the world. It might not have that same impact without all the Americans moving West, or it might have been an excuse to invade.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Interesting theory, but there's no guarantee that Canada or Britain would have done much better with the territory. Also, California has a slight impact on the world. It might not have that same impact without all the Americans moving West, or it might have been an excuse to invade.
There's also the slight problem of a significant portion of the Midwest (though being from Michigan, I have a tendency to just think of the Midwest in reference to the Lakes) technically being sold to America by Napoleon, but I was mostly thinking of Michigan and Illinois. Indiana and Ohio both are lost causes, and everything west of the Chicago surburbs till you hit the Rockies is basically just corn and Trump supporters, so even worse than Ohio.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Can Trump sell all those areas to Putin?
A bit earlier, a previous US president bought Alaska from a Russian ruler, so there is clear precedent for such deals.