art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon
Default Roll....damn....Tide

I just LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT that Florida is OUT, baby!

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll always thing of Alabama as the school that is most often under sanction as they seem to always be under a sanction for some violation or other.

Good for them though.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

*wipes tears* I'm so proud. Roll tide!

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

I'm shocked. I really thought Florida was better than 'Bama. Apparently not today, though!

Saban's Revenge-Streak continues!
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 12-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute

And Texas is going to have to pull some major turnarounds if they want to keep an SEC team from once again demonstrating the superiority of the conference.

I was actually hoping they would lose - despite the hell that living in Austin would be - just to see what TCU/Cinci would be able to do against a strong SEC team.

Greeter Emeritus
Old 12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

On that note, Ivhon...

How much of a travesty is the BCS' complete lack of balls in pairing Boise State and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl? We saw Boise v. TCU just last year, for Christ's sake!

Of course, now I'm forbidden from my "I told you so dance," which I'd been working on ever since promising to do it.

Also... Tim Teboo-hoo... HILARIOUS.
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 12-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Elder

Strongman has a spectacular aura aboutStrongman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Strongman
Default RTR!!!!!

ROLL effing TIDE!!!!!

If anyone had cared to ask, I would have told you that Bama was going to win....lol
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior View Post
On that note, Ivhon...

How much of a travesty is the BCS' complete lack of balls in pairing Boise State and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl? We saw Boise v. TCU just last year, for Christ's sake!

Of course, now I'm forbidden from my "I told you so dance," which I'd been working on ever since promising to do it.

Also... Tim Teboo-hoo... HILARIOUS.
Completely agree on both points. Personally, I don't think Cinci is as good as TCU and I think they will get crushed by a proud (damn them) Florida team (who should be ranked 6th, not 5th.

Greeter Emeritus
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon View Post
Completely agree on both points. Personally, I don't think Cinci is as good as TCU and I think they will get crushed by a proud (damn them) Florida team (who should be ranked 6th, not 5th.
Cinci/Florida should be a shootout...Cinci's defense is questionable at best...against Florida, it might get messy.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

I hate Tim Tebow, ever since his "I swear we will never lose again" speech last year. The guy just gets way too into football. I'll be happy when he turns out to be a huge bust in the NFL next year since he doesn't have the passing chops to be a good pocket passer, and is way too slow to run on NFL defenses.

And what the hell is with the BCS? I mean, seriously this is a joke. More evidence for the need of a playoff system. Put TCU or Boise State with Florida; I would love to see Tebow in another tirade of tears before the season ends. But why feel the need to protect public opinion of the SEC? I just don't get it...

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Cinci/Florida should be a shootout...Cinci's defense is questionable at best...against Florida, it might get messy.
And Cinci's offense hasn't faced anything like Florida's defense. I'm thinking lop-sided victory here in favor of the Gators.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Elder

While that's true, Gimp, Florida hasn't faced a wide receiver like Mardy Gilyard or a QB like Collaros, let alone Tony Pike. Offense is a dirty word in the South-Eastern Conference
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

except that florida faced Mallett who is the 6th rated qb
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior View Post
While that's true, Gimp, Florida hasn't faced a wide receiver like Mardy Gilyard or a QB like Collaros, let alone Tony Pike. Offense is a dirty word in the South-Eastern Conference
Not so much that offense is a dirty word. Just that any offense is going to have trouble against SEC defenses.

Greeter Emeritus