art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 05-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Another, then, since it popped into my head while reading the reply about the cour'souvra: where do dolly-eyed servants come from?

Anyone saying "when a mummy doll-eyed servant and a daddy doll-eyed servant are very much in love" will be fed to Zombie Sammael's pack of Zombie Darkhounds, btw.
Quote:
TITLE - Knife of Dreams
CHAPTER: 3 - At the Gardens

A golden-haired, ever-smiling zomara in a flowing white blouse and tight breeches bowed fluidly and offered Aran’gar a crystal goblet of wine on a silver tray. Graceful and beautifully androgynous, apparently human despite those dead black eyes, the creatures had been one of Aginor’s less inspired creations. Still, even in their own Age, when Moridin had been called Ishamael—there was no longer any doubt in her mind of who he was—he had trusted the creatures above any human servant, despite their uselessness for every other task. Somewhere he must have found a stasis box stuffed with the things. He had dozens, although he seldom brought them out. Yet ten more stood waiting, graceful while standing still. He must consider this meeting more important than most.

Taking the goblet, she waved the zomara away, though it was already turning before she gestured. She hated the creatures’ ability to know what was in her head. At least it could not communicate what it learned to anyone. Memories of anything but commands faded in minutes. Even Aginor possessed sense enough to see the need for that.

Last edited by Terez; 05-24-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Elder

looqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nice

- how far is Elayne's pregnancy now? Is she due before LB?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

She's about 4 months pregnant at the end of TOM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Youngling

finnssss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
She's about 4 months pregnant at the end of TOM.

If her midwife is hearing two distinct heartbeats, it would have to be closer to 5 months or more.

That's of course assuming RJ/BS is being medically accurate, which might be a big assumption.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

The same midwife can perform urinalysis by taste, so she might have superhuman senses :P
Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Elder

David Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of light

If you are really curious about Elayne's pregnancy, there's even a WOTFAQ article on this - How far along is Elayne's pregnancy?

It's not updated after ToM though, which means one more month should be added, so she's about 5 months pregnant.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she craps out the day after the kids are born. That'd be Karma that would make me happy.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Has there ever been conjecture or discussion about Shadow ta'veren? Specifically, that Ishamael/Moridin is a ta'veren? Assuming this is viable, would the golden aura surrounding ta'veren that people with the Talent possess appear black for Shadow ta'veren?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Selig View Post
If you are really curious about Elayne's pregnancy, there's even a WOTFAQ article on this - How far along is Elayne's pregnancy?

It's not updated after ToM though, which means one more month should be added, so she's about 5 months pregnant.
Or you could just check the WoT chronologies yourself.

Steven Cooper's chronology hasn't been updated for TOM, but by his chronology, we know that Elayne and Rand did their thing (WH, Ch. 12, A Lily in Winter) on day 696.

According to tentative chronologies for TOM (one is here), the book ends around day 846, which makes Elayne ~150 days, or ~15 WoT weeks (~21.4 real world weeks), or ~5 1/3 WoT months (~ 5 real world months), pregnant at the end of TOM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
Has there ever been conjecture or discussion about Shadow ta'veren? Specifically, that Ishamael/Moridin is a ta'veren? Assuming this is viable, would the golden aura surrounding ta'veren that people with the Talent possess appear black for Shadow ta'veren?
RJ spoke about this on his blog, and said it would be unlikely for a Darkfriend to be made ta'veren:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
RJ's blog 5 October 2005 "YET ANOTHER, IT SEEMS"

It would be possible for a Darkfriend or Forsaken to be made ta’veren, but it seems unlikely. Ta’veren are part of the Wheel’s self-correcting mechanism. When the Pattern seems to be drifting too quickly, and especially if it is in the wrong direction, one or more ta’veren are created. I can’t really see how making a Darkfriend or Forsaken ta’veren would help with correcting the drift of the Pattern. Ta’veren can oppose one another, when their conflict is what the Wheel “sees” as the necessary corrective. And, no, ta’veren is not Old Tongue for Deus ex machina. It came out of musings on luck, charismatic leaders, and the theory of the indispensable man.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Youngling

Schnucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If they were at the top of the 2nd Age then it's likely they were both the strongest channelers to ever live (not counting Rand's superpowers once per Turning, presumably).
What's this about super powers once a turning?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnucker View Post
What's this about super powers once a turning?
Since he has superpowers now (presumably), then also presumably it probably happens every time the 3rd Age comes around.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Elder

looqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Selig View Post

So Rand won't see his twins. Too bad. Unless he lives again after the LB.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Okay, I did ask this question in the thread where we were talking about something else, and I didn't get a response, so I'm going to ask it here: is there any indication either way, from the books or interviews, that Moridin, Cyndane, Aran'gar and Osan'gar (or any one or ones from that number) were anyone important before they were recycled into bodies for the Forsaken?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

I thought I answered that. The answer is no; the only theory that gained any ground was that Cyndane's body belonged to Cabriana, but Maria debunked that.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought I answered that. The answer is no; the only theory that gained any ground was that Cyndane's body belonged to Cabriana, but Maria debunked that.
No you didn't, but thanks for answering it here - as I said in the Broken Wolf thread I couldn't find a quote myself but I know you have more extensive knowledge in that area.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
No you didn't, but thanks for answering it here - as I said in the Broken Wolf thread I couldn't find a quote myself but I know you have more extensive knowledge in that area.
I answered it on Dragonmount. Are you Thorgan?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Elder

Quote:
I answered it on Dragonmount. Are you Thorgan?
No, I'm no-one except me. Well, and Gnat. But he was me in a previous turning of the wheel. I don't post at Dragonmount.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Youngling

finnssss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Since he has superpowers now (presumably), then also presumably it probably happens every time the 3rd Age comes around.

What Superpowers?

How the sky clears for him or his ability to sense people around him?

No idea if the the sky cleared for LTT or if the sky was even tainted by the DO the same as it is now but he was definitely able to sense people around him. That was evidenced day 1, right in tEotW Prologue.

tEotW Prologue
Quote:
but he could sense there were no people within a hundred leagues

Last edited by finnssss; 05-25-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Don't play dumb.