art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielbasaj View Post
I've recently purchased New Spring, my local bookstore has only just got it in stock. Doing a read-through and I've noticed one scene in Chapter 7: The Itch when describing items in Kerene's room.

I'm just to curious if anyone else thinks this could be further foreshadowing to Perrin gaining a crown, be it of Two Rivers or even the Broken Crown? It just minds me of the Perrin singing in high-chant whilst wearing a crown possible foreshadow.
I actually saw your post at DM before this one. So I'll just quote my response from there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
Sure, why not? We'll see if his crown has a fat firedrop on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
The fact that the hammer is broken in two might also hint at something, perhaps Perrin's death. I think that's more likely than him gaining a crown at this stage; the firedrop being good enough for a crown might just hint at glory, if it is foreshadow.
The crown is pretty certain, from a combination of Min's viewing of the broken crown, the line of succession, Bashere's suspicions of why Perrin hooked up with Faile, and Brandon's comment that seems to indicate that the crown/high chant line was indeed foreshadowing.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
The crown is pretty certain, from a combination of Min's viewing of the broken crown, the line of succession, Bashere's suspicions of why Perrin hooked up with Faile, and Brandon's comment that seems to indicate that the crown/high chant line was indeed foreshadowing.
Most of which are later in the series than the beginning of TPOD, so forgive me if my fuzzy memory is letting me down.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Youngling

kielbasaj has a spectacular aura aboutkielbasaj has a spectacular aura aboutkielbasaj has a spectacular aura about

I think it's just interesting how direct a correlation it is between the two foreshadows, especially considering there doesn't seem to be a great deal of viewings/dreams for Perrin, aside from various avian based ones.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Most of which are later in the series than the beginning of TPOD, so forgive me if my fuzzy memory is letting me down.
Actually, none of them are post-TPOD. The Foreshadowing was in TGH, and Perrin met Bashere in LOC. The line of succession was made clear in TOM, but we always suspected Faile was second based on the fact that Bashere and Faile are Tenobia's only relatives we know of. We know she doesn't have children.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, none of them are post-TPOD. The Foreshadowing was in TGH, and Perrin met Bashere in LOC. The line of succession was made clear in TOM, but we always suspected Faile was second based on the fact that Bashere and Faile are Tenobia's only relatives we know of. We know she doesn't have children.
The vision of Perrin wearing a crown and speaking in High Chant is in one of the BS books, wasn't it? That was what I was referring to specifically, and the fact that the line of succession wasn't 100% clear yet. The fact that there's a broken crown viewing in TGH is little for me to go on on its own. But anyway, I am doing a reread and I will make foolish mistakes; these two things may not be linked.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
The vision of Perrin wearing a crown and speaking in High Chant is in one of the BS books, wasn't it?
I said it was in TGH. Pay attention. (Brandon mentioned it on his reread, assuming that's what he was talking about - which I think we can.)
Old 08-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The vision of Perrin wearing a crown and speaking in High Chant is in one of the BS books, wasn't it?
Yes, it wasn't.

As Terez has said a couple of times (and as I've been saying for years now), it is this scene:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH, Chapter 8, The Dragon Reborn
Leane blinked, and her smile faded to a thoughtful look. "This is supposed to be a shepherd, Lan Gaidin? He was not so sure of himself this morning."
"He is a man, Leane Sedai," Lan said firmly, "no more, and no less. We are what we are."
The Aes Sedai shook her head. "The world grows stranger every day. I suppose the blacksmith will wear a crown and speak in High Chant. Wait here." She vanished inside to announce them.
Of course, half the chapters (and many of the books) are titled "the Dragon Reborn", so your confusion is somewhat understandable.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Yes, it wasn't.

As Terez has said a couple of times (and as I've been saying for years now), it is this scene:
Of course, half the chapters (and many of the books) are titled "the Dragon Reborn", so your confusion is somewhat understandable.
The reason why I probably overlooked it as prophecy is because it isn't a prophecy, then.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Exactly.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible that the "right given to another" Shaidar Haran mentions to Graendal refers not to the killing of Rand, but to the messing with his head? After all, Rand thought Lanfear was dead too, and she certainly is having an effect. Not to mention the fact that Demandred seems to have been promised the opportunity to kill Rand, ahead of the other Forsaken. Before Graendal obtained Moridin's favor.

Has it been confirmed that SH was referring to the killing of Rand? Or is this a theory?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Youngling

jabberdc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default THE CREATOR

I am new to all of this but do love the books. My question... Will the Creator play a part in AMOL
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

It is unlikely the Creator will play a part.

1. It was the Creator or the DO in the eye of the world saying : 'I WILL NOT TAKE PART.
2. In a pov of Rand, there was talking about how the creator has many flowers or gardens and that it wouldn't matter if one would die.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberdc View Post
I am new to all of this but do love the books. My question... Will the Creator play a part in AMOL
Welcome to Theoryland!

As you're a complete newbie with only this question to your belt, I imagine you don't necessarily know about the WOT Reference Library, mostly put together by Terez. It's a great resource and a good way of finding things out and evidence for your theories and ideas, including a comprehensive interview database that has a lot of answers.

Anyway, from that very interview database:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
Rand has no direct connection with the Creator. The Creator is completely removed from the world; aside from ... creating ... the Pattern, he does nothing else whatsoever to influence anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne book signing 28 August 1999 - Raf Kaplan reporting
Someone asked him about the Creator...he gave the distinct impression that he wouldn't even contemplate havng the Creator step in, nor is there any real Creator worship, because there is no need, the effects of the Creator are all around the citizens of Randland. I believe he's said that much previously. He quoted Terry Pratchett (from Mort, I think) regarding the way belief works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon Blood book signing 12 October 1996, Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Cincinnati, OH - Michael Martin reporting
A perfect Creator should create a perfect creation. To act, miraculously or no, on this world, would be tantamount to acknowleding imperfection in Himself. So, when humanity screwed things up, they've been left on their own to "patch" things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
Who says the Creator takes little interest in the activities of mankind? And I will neither confirm nor deny that the Creator spoke to Rand.
All of which tends to imply the Creator cannot or will not take part in the final book. But if the DO gets out and the world is destroyed, I'd say all bets are off.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Elder

sleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberdc View Post
In his 1997 interview with SFX magazine, RJ stated (paraphrased) "in defeating the DO, the good guys can expect absolutely no help off the Creator, and no miracles will occur."
Old 08-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
It is unlikely the Creator will play a part.

1. It was the Creator or the DO in the eye of the world saying : 'I WILL NOT TAKE PART.
That was the Dark One.

Quote:
2. In a pov of Rand, there was talking about how the creator has many flowers or gardens and that it wouldn't matter if one would die.
That was Moridin.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was the Dark One.
Who is also the Creator, of course.

Quote:
That was Moridin.
But Moridin/Ishamael never was real; he is merely a construct of LTT's insanity.

Seriously: do you have evidence that it was the DO who chatted with Rand in TEOTW?
I thought that was still unclear, but I may have missed some tweet or such.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Quote:
That was the Dark One.
Gosh, give me quote by Brandon or Harriet or the rest of team jordan saying it was the Dark One. As I said it was the DO or the Creator.

Quote:
That was Moridin.
If I remember correctly it was in a Rand point of view chapter. I phrased it like that, because i couldn't remember exactly who said it.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
If I remember correctly it was in a Rand point of view chapter. I phrased it like that, because i couldn't remember exactly who said it.
It was a Rand POV, but it was supposed to be a big hint about the link with Moridin, and how it was affecting Rand. He observed that the thought didn't seem like his own, but it didn't seem like Lews Therin either. Since it was all nihilistically philosophistic, it's pretty safe to assume that this is Moridin's worldview, rather than Rand's or Lews Therin's.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gosh, give me quote by Brandon or Harriet or the rest of team jordan saying it was the Dark One. As I said it was the DO or the Creator.
On this, I agree with Isabel...give a citation proving it was the Dark One.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hi guys.

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 08-31-2011 at 07:02 PM.