art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

They died off. It was mentioned in Mandein's POV, how they had foreseen it.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Youngling

confused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of light

was Nynaeve really ignoring Egwene's dream summons that pissed Egwene off so much or was she still drained to the point of uselessness after the cleansing?

sanity is a cop out

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan
Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Enigma will become famous soon enoughEnigma will become famous soon enough

Egwene did seem annoyed that Nynaeve had avoided her for so long. Egwene has no way of knowing that Nynaeve was not simply slacking off and that instead she had helped cleanse the taint from saidin, help track down Graendal, help fight off 100,000+ shadowspawn army not to mention being one of the few that were a stabilizing force for dark Rand.

Plus at the risk of starting an Egwene bashing theat Egwene does seem to have ... issues when it comes to Nynaeve accepting her authority. She is not nearly as hard on Elayne but its perhaps because once Nynaeve was the Wisdom and Egwene was being groomed to ber her apprentice. She might simply feel insuecure unless Nynaeve is cowed.

As for why Nynaeve dragged her feet, I don't think it was because she was exhauusted but because she thought she was neede with Rand more than anything else.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Youngling

confused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Plus at the risk of starting an Egwene bashing theat Egwene does seem to have ... issues when it comes to Nynaeve accepting her authority.
tried to word it so that couldnt happen, i hate her often but this time im just trying to figure something out.

i meant it to be the time when she was thinking about pulling her into the dream against her will but it seems to set the haters off when her quotes are posted.

just cannot figure out the timeline about how soon Egwenes bitch moment happens after the cleansing to see if Nynaeve was tired or just blowing her off because she felt she was doing something more important, or she thought she would get into trouble for her deal with the sea folk and was hiding

sanity is a cop out

Last edited by confused at birth; 09-25-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Personally I think Egwene & Nynaeve have issues. Egwene feels insecure around her former superior Nynaeve and overcompensates. Nynaeve likewise is not overly keen to play second fiddle to a former student. I think Nynaeve's decision to avoid Egwene for as long as she did was an unconscious one, a bit like one could say Rand has avoided the BT for so long because subconsciously he has never overcome his abhorence of male channelers even thougth he is one and uses them frequently.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Elder

David Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of lightDavid Selig is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused at birth View Post
was Nynaeve really ignoring Egwene's dream summons that pissed Egwene off so much or was she still drained to the point of uselessness after the cleansing?
IIRC the moment when Egwene was pissed off was at the start of ToM, right? If so, it's about 3 months after the Cleansing.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Youngling

Quote:
IIRC the moment when Egwene was pissed off was at the start of ToM, right?
right you are

OK i dont know why she was ignoring her then, maybe it started because of the cleansing then Egwene gave her some snotty demands to get her to talk to her so Nynaeve started ignoring her until she stopped being a brat and asked nicely.

it probably just became a circle of bossy brat Vs sulky cow until Nynaeve ran out of excuses to stay away

sanity is a cop out

Old 09-26-2011, 05:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

It could be that Nynaeve feared that the AS would try to keep her away from Rand while Nynaeve thought that he needed her help right then more than those AS needed her presence.
If so, then I would say that she was entirely correct on both counts.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

In addition Nynaeve is not really into politics, she is too straightforward to be any good at them. Its not that she is stupid but she tends to say what she means and mean what she says. I suspect Nynaeve at some level realises that she is not really cut out for the bearpit of AS life in the Tower with its constant manipulatins and backstabbing.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Youngling

ghostwreck is an unknown quantity at this point

In A Crown of Swords,is the disturbance in the one power caused by Elayne collapsing her gateway weave,or is it from the use of the Bowl of Winds?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwreck View Post
In A Crown of Swords,is the disturbance in the one power caused by Elayne collapsing her gateway weave,or is it from the use of the Bowl of Winds?
Do you mean in TPoD (like during the Dragon's campaign against the Seanchan)?

I always thought it was the Bowl, but I'm not sure it was ever made explicit.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, another question.

When Perrin first experiences his Wolf Dream and sees Mierin/Lanfear, what does she mean that Perrin will ruin everything?
Also, in the Shadow Rising, it seems she alludes to some other plot there as well when she asks is Rand remembers something.
It also always seemed that Lanfear was never really dedicated to the DO's cause (whether that changed when she was brought back, or was basically a lover scorned, I have no clue) and alluded to completely abondoning it should Rand ask her to stand by him to rule the world. I guess my real question is:
Is/was Lanfear always evil, part of some other plot, or a lover scorned (best way to put it)?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
I guess my real question is:
Is/was Lanfear always evil, part of some other plot, or a lover scorned (best way to put it)?
I've always thought of Lanfear as "the Psycho Cheerleader from Hell."

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
I've always thought of Lanfear as "the Psycho Cheerleader from Hell."
I've met some, that's an insult to Lanfear!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
In addition Nynaeve is not really into politics, she is too straightforward to be any good at them. Its not that she is stupid but she tends to say what she means and mean what she says. I suspect Nynaeve at some level realises that she is not really cut out for the bearpit of AS life in the Tower with its constant manipulatins and backstabbing.
I think there have always been "Tower Aes Sedai" and "Field Aes Sedai" - just look at Siuan and Moiraine, or Cadsuane. The Tower might only have publically split recently, but history says that those who stayed in the Tower were always those best suited to intrigue, while there were also those (with the exception of royal advisers) less suited to the politics who followed different causes.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Is Stevenson87 a spambot? An unkillable spambot? He's like, always online. And he's banned.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Youngling

phil01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Slayer

Do we know if when slayer (forgotten real name) is in TAR does hat mean luc is asleep somewhere or are they both active at the same time. And secondly if yuou kill LUC in real life does the TAR version die. He might be easier to kill in real life than in TAR
Old 10-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

He probably is easier to kill in real life than in TAR. Still not really easy, of course.
And he has two real names, as he is two persons: Luc the brother of Tigraine, and Isam cousin of Lan.

I think that only one of them is active at one single time, and the other then exists only in theory, not with a body of his own.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

RJ said that he can be either Luc or Isam, and that his stepping in and out of Tel'aran'rhiod is the mechanism for change. Apparently he can't even change his appearance in Tel'aran'rhiod, which is odd, since even Nynaeve can do that, but that's what RJ said.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Youngling

Default oops

is someone going to tell Egwene that the sea folk Aes Sedai are the ones that are looking after the secret records before they leave or is someone going to try to use it against her?

Or is the whole tower really that stupid?

sanity is a cop out