art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Youngling

maleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
And of course both Lan's horse and Perrin's wife are called Mandarb.
Naughty! Are you accusing "wolfbrother" of what I think you're accusing him of?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleshub View Post
Naughty! Are you accusing "wolfbrother" of what I think you're accusing him of?
I just reported the facts. I wasn't being judgmental here.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Youngling

Laras is an unknown quantity at this point

If Dick stabs Harry to death, Tom stabs Dick to death and then balefires Dick's body, does Harry come back to life?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Nope, it only works if they're still alive; once they're dead the thread is no longer connected to the body.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Youngling

Laras is an unknown quantity at this point

Will Sharina live just as long as every other channeller/Aes Sedai?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras View Post
If Dick stabs Harry to death, Tom stabs Dick to death and then balefires Dick's body, does Harry come back to life?
No

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

We do know that she will have some youth restored to her, so it would seem logical.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
yes.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
I'm thinking a little wall of Air, put somewhere useful?
A killing ward, like Rand used in SL, attuned to semihumans.

Spermicide without the mess.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Youngling

Random Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She will in all probablility outlive the average Aes Sedai, since longevity is in part tied to strength in the Power. Indeed, as Terez pointed out she's already apparently experiencing a "youthening."
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
yes.
What does that mean, though? She'll live as long as the average AS (because she's already lived a few years even Saidar can't bring back (*some* youth restored aside))? Or she'll live as long as a bound AS with her strength (none come to mind)?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

After the Great Lord has defeated the so called Dragon, time will end, and thus all AS will cease living too. Obvious, really, isn't it?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
What does that mean, though? She'll live as long as the average AS (because she's already lived a few years even Saidar can't bring back (*some* youth restored aside))? Or she'll live as long as a bound AS with her strength (none come to mind)?
http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=255#22

Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Youngling

utinbaho is an unknown quantity at this point

i remember Tuon commenting on Mat letting go of a poisonous snake. Are there any mention of snakes as omens by Seanchan?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

While not finding actual omens related to snakes, I did come across the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD, Chapter 10, A Village in Shiota
Running a green-gloved hand across the top of her head, she sighed. “Toy, Toy,” she murmured, resettling the cowl of her cloak. “How many children’s tales do you believe? Do you believe that if you sleep on Old Hob’s Hill under a full moon, the snakes will give you true answers to three questions, or that foxes steal people’s skins and take the nourishment from food so you can starve to death while eating your fill?”
Putting on a smile took effort. “I don’t think I ever heard either one of those.” Making his voice amused required effort, too. What were the odds of her mentioning snakes giving true answers, which the Aelfinn did after a fashion, in the same breath with foxes stealing skins? He was pretty sure that the Eelfinn did. and made leather from it. But it was Old Hob that nearly made him flinch. The other was likely just ta’veren twisting at the world. She certainly knew nothing about him and the snakes or the foxes. In Shandalle, the land where Artur Hawkwing had been born, though, Old Hob. Caisen Hob, had been another name for the Dark One. The Aelfinn and the Eelfinn both surely deserved to be connected to the Dark One, yet that was hardly anything he wanted to think on when he had his own connection to the bloody foxes. And to the snakes, too? That possibility was enough to sour his stomach.
So now I'm wondering: what kind of fool goes sleeping in the open on the slopes of Shayol Ghul, just out of curiosity, to see what would happen? And then keeps it up until he gets a night with a full moon, too?
That does seem to be the way to start a tale like this, after all.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by utinbaho View Post
i remember Tuon commenting on Mat letting go of a poisonous snake. Are there any mention of snakes as omens by Seanchan?
there's this:
Quote:
TITLE: Knife of Dreams

CHAPTER: 10 - A Village in Shiota

Running a green-gloved hand across the top of her head, she sighed. "Toy, Toy," she murmured, resettling the cowl of her cloak. "How many children's tales do you believe? Do you believe that if you sleep on Old Hob's Hill under a full moon, the snakes will give you true answers to three questions, or that foxes steal people's skins and take the nourishment from food so you can starve to death while eating your fill?" Putting on a smile took effort. "I don't think I ever heard either one of those." Making his voice amused required effort, too.
What were the odds of her mentioning snakes giving true answers, which the Aelfinn did after a fashion, in the same breath with foxes stealing skins? He was pretty sure that the Eelfinn did, and made leather from it. But it was Old Hob that nearly made him flinch. The other was likely just ta'veren twisting at the world. She certainly knew nothing about him and the snakes or the foxes. In Shandalle, the land where Artur Hawkwing had been born, though, Old Hob, Caisen Hob, had been another name for the Dark One.
Though she does say she had a Foretelling regarding his fox-signet-ring. So she might have had something about the snakes as well. I cna't find anything more right now though.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Youngling

Default hold rseebya

Verin's letter to Rand is about Mattin Stephanos situation right? Who is the representative of Amadicia? Galad or someone else?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
I had already read that...not nearly specific enough. All he really said is that she'll slow (which has a rate determined by strength 'to a point') and get some youth back. So, she's already lost a handful of years, and is starting out more or less a third of a lifetime ahead. My guess is she'll live 67-75% of Nynaeve's lifetime.
Quote:
Verin's letter to Rand is about Mattin Stephanos situation right? Who is the representative of Amadicia? Galad or someone else?
I don't think Verin was limited to telling Rand one piece of information.

And Galad has more or less abandoned Amadicia. Not that any Seanchan nations are represented at the FoM anyway.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Youngling

Quote:
And Galad has more or less abandoned Amadicia. Not that any Seanchan nations are represented at the FoM anyway.
Amathera is in Tar Valon, so it seems she'll be in FoM, I'm guessing Beslan would be coming with Mat, that leaves Amadicia. Im kinda guessing Egwene will be left with no support after thinking everyone will follow her. Or did I forget some things?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Elder

Quote:
Amathera is in Tar Valon, so it seems she'll be in FoM, I'm guessing Beslan would be coming with Mat, that leaves Amadicia. Im kinda guessing Egwene will be left with no support after thinking everyone will follow her. Or did I forget some things?
'Thera' is in no condition to represent anyone, nor does she have the right anymore. Beslan coming with Mat is a theory, but no more than that. Certainly the timing seems to be off if Moiraine gets her way.