art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): tfyhughtiffany,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...ch-npi/508379/
I wonder if this guy realises that Mexicans are just as European as he is. In terms of legal citizenship: not at all. In terms of ancestry: possibly more.

I also wonder what people like him would do if I pointed out that I'm whiter than they are and demanded they lick my shoes. I am a superior being by their standards after all.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
I also wonder what people like him would do if I pointed out that I'm whiter than they are and demanded they lick my shoes.
For that, they have their Second Amendment, I think.
I would advise you not to put that to the test.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
For that, they have their Second Amendment, I think.
I would advise you not to put that to the test.
Fanatics today. No respect for their gods. What is the world coming to?
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Lincoln once said that America would be destroyed from within. With progressives striking out against American patriotism by attacking our flag and what we stand for, it's only a matter of time before we are taken over.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/11...ampaign=buffer

The weak-minded pansy liberals on college campuses who can't handle not getting what they want continue to destroy the flag and everything that represents America. In Maryland, the song Party in the USA is now considered offensive.

Keep it up, liberals. We are only a generation or two away from losing what we take advantage of. The American flag may be "offensive" now to the rich, sensitive snowflakes who aren't getting what they want, but wait until the country is transformed into what you now see in the Middle East.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Youngling

connabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
Lincoln once said that America would be destroyed from within. With progressives striking out against American patriotism by attacking our flag and what we stand for, it's only a matter of time before we are taken over.

The weak-minded pansy liberals on college campuses who can't handle not getting what they want continue to destroy the flag and everything that represents America. In Maryland, the song Party in the USA is now considered offensive.

Keep it up, liberals. We are only a generation or two away from losing what we take advantage of. The American flag may be "offensive" now to the rich, sensitive snowflakes who aren't getting what they want, but wait until the country is transformed into what you now see in the Middle East.
I don't even know, really, what to make of this.

When you condescendingly say "not getting what they want" are you referring to the very likely possibility of women losing abortion rights? Or, perhaps the rise of open hate-crimes and people openly heiling Jeff Sessions and proclaiming "Heil Trump"?

Or perhaps it's gay marriage.

Rich white liberals might have the largest voice, but a lot of the outraged people are not rich or white, or men.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

You know why people like southpaw blame terrorism on Islam? It's because of the philosophy of revenge. 9/11 was the big deal and there had to be vengence. But that vengence hurt a lot of innocent people who are now just as justified in getting revenge. Anyone who doesn't admit this is something of a hypocrite. Unless of course there were no innocent people there. So blame it all on being a muslim so no one who died was actually innocent and the American people don't deserve any punishment what so ever for what they have done.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By de-funding public education, so you wind up with an ignorant electorate that jumps at various dog whistles about terrorism, antisemitism, intolerance & hatred?

Yeah, that just happened.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it is obvious that Trump really won because progressives had been attacking the confederate flag, the racism and yearning for slavery that it stood for. Well, you got your wish: racism is triumphant. And now you have been taken over, but I don't think you will really like your new owner.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If you feel so strongly about defending "the flag", you could always enlist. What's that? You're just full of talk and too chickenshit to go fight for our country? Or maybe if you did, you'd get over your obsession with idiotic symbols like a flag and realize a country is a hell of a lot more than that.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
If you feel so strongly about defending "the flag", you could always enlist. What's that? You're just full of talk and too chickenshit to go fight for our country? Or maybe if you did, you'd get over your obsession with idiotic symbols like a flag and realize a country is a hell of a lot more than that.
I'm glad you said it because I'm pretty sure I can't.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Well, single parent families, and families with a few kids, are gonna get strangled by taxes it seems.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m....html#comments
Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

step 1. raise taxes on single parent families.
step 2. make sure women can't get abortions.
step 3. ????
step 4. PROFIT!
Old 11-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

I realise I'm late to all of this, but I've just been preparing mentally and physically to go to war. I've got less than two weeks left in BMOQ, and I was hoping my prospects for going to war would be slim. But then the election happened. *sigh* I guess it's a good thing I'm in the field this week; that way I don't have to worry about these things.

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
I realise I'm late to all of this, but I've just been preparing mentally and physically to go to war. I've got less than two weeks left in BMOQ, and I was hoping my prospects for going to war would be slim. But then the election happened. *sigh* I guess it's a good thing I'm in the field this week; that way I don't have to worry about these things.
Stay safe out there.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

So apparently even Petraeus is under consideration for Sec of State now, which is interesting, considering that...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...-fbi/94547624/

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Retired Army general David Petraeus, who stepped down as CIA chief amid the scandal of an extramarital affair and pleaded guilty to divulging classified information, has emerged as a top contender as secretary of State in the incoming Trump administration.

Petraeus’ fall from grace was swift but not complete. He resigned immediately from the CIA in November 2012 after the affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell became known. The most famous military leader of his generation, Petraeus remained in limbo, under FBI investigation and generally avoiding public life, until March 2015 when he accepted a plea agreement in which he admitted to spilling a massive amount of sensitive information to Broadwell and lying to FBI agents about it.
Quote:
All of his success, however, comes with the major caveat of the plea agreement he struck with the Justice Department. It contains echoes of the controversy that surrounded the failed presidential bid of Hillary Clinton, who maintained a private email server when she served as secretary of State. However, in Clinton’s case, FBI Director James Comey found no cause to prosecute her for careless handling of classified information.

Petraeus wasn’t sloppy with classified information. He purposely gave it away to his lover and biographer and sought to cover that up by lying to federal investigators, according to the plea deal.
This would certainly make for an amusing confirmation hearings considering their calls to incarcerate Hillary, especially as what she did could only even remotely be construed as comparable in the Orwellian world of those brainwashed by Breitbart and the rest of the Republican Minitrue outlets.

And this is all alongside the brazen actions of Kellyanne Conway, bashing her boss' apparent preferred choice of Mitt Romney.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...mments-2016-11

We were all expecting incompetence, but four years of this type of chaotic stupidity will be difficult to dig ourselves out of, even notwithstanding the fallout just from the schmucks that he is certain to put on the court.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
We were all expecting incompetence, but four years of this type of chaotic stupidity will be difficult to dig ourselves out of, even notwithstanding the fallout just from the schmucks that he is certain to put on the court.
The voters wanted Change, and that's what they are now getting. This is going to be very different from anything that went before. Who knows? Maybe it will even actually work.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
The voters wanted Change, and that's what they are now getting. This is going to be very different from anything that went before. Who knows? Maybe it will even actually work.
Define "work". Because you know from the slave owner's point of view slavery works just fine.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-29-2016, 06:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Seems to me that you understand the word well enough for "I know it when I see it" purposes. From a legal point of view, that means that no further definition is required.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
So apparently even Petraeus is under consideration for Sec of State now, which is interesting, considering that...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...-fbi/94547624/

This would certainly make for an amusing confirmation hearings considering their calls to incarcerate Hillary, especially as what she did could only even remotely be construed as comparable in the Orwellian world of those brainwashed by Breitbart and the rest of the Republican Minitrue outlets.

And this is all alongside the brazen actions of Kellyanne Conway, bashing her boss' apparent preferred choice of Mitt Romney.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...mments-2016-11

He's a great guy...when he can keep his dick in his pants.

I used to work directly for him actually...he's quite brilliant. He ruined what would have been an amazing career by thinking with his dick. A shame that happened and a shame he's that stupid.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 11-29-2016, 10:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
Stay safe and keep your head up. There really is light at the end of the tunnel at this point for you. Congrats on almost being done with BMOQ.

Closed Thread