art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Priebus might be on the way out too...a shame too for him given that he whored himself out for that Chief of Staff job last year when he suddenly went from being 100% against Trump to his major ally in the middle of the primary process...funnily enough right after a private 1 on 1 meeting with Trump. Its almost as if he was bought off with the promise of the Chief of Staff job or something.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 02-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
I'm sure he'll land on his feet with a TV head job with RT...so, he'll be okay.
Which one of them?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Which one of them?
Flynn, like Assange, has already worked in the past for RT. Preibus has no obvious, or even suspected, connections to the Russians. If he is forced out too, it will be because he lost the internal power struggle with Bannon, and ends up taking the blame for the chaotic and embarrassing inception to Trump's presidency. The actual blame for that almost certainly belongs instead to the triumvirate of Bannon, Trump, and Flynn, with Preibus and Pence simply incapable to manipulating and controlling Trump as well as has Bannon.

That said, considering how idiotic, proud, and impulsive Trump is, he might well decide, out of obstinacy, that he has to keep Flynn, so as to avoid an omission of poor judgment on his own part, and instead force out Preibus as a fall guy for his own incompetence.

Considering how much Trump seems fixated and influenced by tv, perhaps the more Machiavellian tactic would be for the media, and SNL, to start focusing more on overtly painting the picture of Bannon as the evil puppeteer, and of Trump as the naive and wronged marionette, to try to drive a wedge there, since Bannon seems the most frightening of that lot, and certainly the most influential. Sort of like what Jon Stewart used to do with his comparisons of Cheney as Vader.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Depicting Bannon as Darth Vader might work less well than depicting Trump as a minion.

My "which of them" was aimed at the Pence-Flynn scrape you'd mentioned in post #819. So Priebus would be at most collateral damage there. Which probably wouldn't grieve too many people, if it happened.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Depicting Bannon as Darth Vader might work less well than depicting Trump as a minion.
I was thinking more along the lines of Bannon as Mephistopheles, Trump as Faust, and Ivanka as Gretchen.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Ancient

Looks like they're going to circle the wagons 'round Flynn.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politi...p-white-house/
Old 02-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Looks like they're going to circle the wagons 'round Flynn.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politi...p-white-house/
That's one way to go.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 02-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Ancient

Quote:
That's one way to go.
The wagons seem somewhat erratic...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38964079

This four years is really going to test the durability of our ship of state.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

When DOJ tells you someone is vulnerable to blackmail by a foreign adversary (and thus ineligible for any clearance level whatsoever under EO 12968) you dont interact with him at all as President let alone make him your fucking National Security Advisor.

But hey, what do we know?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

If we survived Nixon, Vietnam, the Civil War, and the Great Depression...this should be survivable.

Should.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

And...Flynn is gone officially.

He won't be missed.

Petreaus being mentioned as a possible successor.

I mean sure, why not? Its not like he's had any issues mishandling classified himself. Other than giving it to his mistress so she could write a more flattering book about him...but other than that, Petreaus would be just great.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
If we survived Nixon, Vietnam, the Civil War, and the Great Depression...this should be survivable.
If the USA survived those. Of course, nowadays we know that we can't trust actual evidence, we have to depend on what Trump tells us instead. And I don't think he has ever explicitly said that the USA had survived any of those, has he?
Old 02-14-2017, 07:10 AM
Ancient

StrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant future

Pardon forthcoming?

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."- G.K. Chesterton

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."- Calvin
Old 02-14-2017, 07:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangePackage View Post
Pardon forthcoming?
Undoubtedly he will get a pardon from Trump at some point...he knows where the bodies are buried so its too dangerous to just cut him loose.

Unless he has a tragic accident in the near future or gets really depressed and shoots himself in the back of the head 3 times.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Then again, Trump might simply deny that the bodies are his.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Undoubtedly he will get a pardon from Trump at some point...he knows where the bodies are buried so its too dangerous to just cut him loose.

Unless he has a tragic accident in the near future or gets really depressed and shoots himself in the back of the head 3 times.
Considering the unlikelihood of him actually facing criminal repercussions (he likely violated the Logan Act, but proving that would be difficult), but that still leaves the question of how he managed to maintain a security clearance, and how difficult is it to lose one even in cases where there was a clear enough concern that the transitionary justice department had declared him a security concern.

Jokes aside, how much should we worry about him returning to Russia for employment, and being debriefed by the KSB?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Anyone know anything about rumors that Kellyanne Conway is on the way out?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Hadn't heard anything about her yet, but considering how volatile and chaotic this administration has been, it wouldn't be surprising. The name that seems to pop up frequently though is Spicer. You have to figure though that if they actually ever have hearings on Flynn, that quite a bit of dirt could come to light. Doubtless, this is why the republicans are resisting allowing any public hearings - nevermind the fact that the same committees would have already been three weeks into impeachment hearings (on the high crime of using her own email) for Hillary had she won.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Elder

Sukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I've read more than one news article speculating that she, Bannon, Priebus and whoever else is currently part of the inner circle are probably going down in the near future. The theory is that some members of the Intelligence community and other departments who were hired under Obama really don't like the administration and are intentionally trying to end careers by leaking phone conversations that typically would never get leaked.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukoto View Post
I've read more than one news article speculating that she, Bannon, Priebus and whoever else is currently part of the inner circle are probably going down in the near future. The theory is that some members of the Intelligence community and other departments who were hired under Obama really don't like the administration and are intentionally trying to end careers by leaking phone conversations that typically would never get leaked.
Were these reputable articles, or of the Breitbart and InfoWars variety? If you're going to insinuate, at least provide a link. There is clearly quite a bit of leaking, but the way you have phrased the above is suggestive, and trying to blame Obama and career intel and state department workers for this chaos not only obfuscates the true cause of this dysfunction, but also overlooks where much of this leaking is actually coming from, i.e. internal, and why it is occurring.

The problem here, regardless of the attempted distraction, is not the leaks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.45b173daff6b

This is the problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...ons-trump.html

These connections to Russia are disturbing. Manafort and Flynn are both now gone, but it is unlikely that the rot does not go deeper. It is unfortunately impossible to trust Chaffetz to do anything meaningful to investigate this.
Closed Thread