art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Just try to imagine who Pence would ask to be his VP.
Pence is implicated in a lot of the Trump mess, particularly as it relates to Michael Flynn. This guy is next in the line of succession. (I wonder if he's related to bossman.) Then Paul Ryan.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Pence is implicated in a lot of the Trump mess, particularly as it relates to Michael Flynn. This guy is next in the line of succession. (I wonder if he's related to bossman.) Then Paul Ryan.
Pence, Hatch, and Ryan are all awful. They do all at least seem sane.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather Hatch than Ryan, and I'd rather Ryan than Pence.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Quote:
Is he? My understanding of that was that Trump and Flynn lied to Pence about his (Flynn's) involvement in meeting various Russians, and that Pence then spread false information based on not knowing the truth. I don't think that means he's implicated in anything shady, quite the opposite, unless I'm wrong about timeline of events.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

For many people who want to prove their competence, "I was hoodwinked, I had no clue what was going on" isn't a very good defence. Admittedly, it often works well for politicians.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Is he? My understanding of that was that Trump and Flynn lied to Pence about his (Flynn's) involvement in meeting various Russians, and that Pence then spread false information based on not knowing the truth. I don't think that means he's implicated in anything shady, quite the opposite, unless I'm wrong about timeline of events.
This falls apart for a number of reasons, not least that Pence is also saying that he didn't know about Flynn being a foreign agent (for which he has now retroactively tried to register) even though Flynn's counsel informed the transition team, which Pence led, during the campaign. And yes, the timeline is a problem concerning the talk about sanctions too because Sally Yates informed the White House that Flynn might be compromised a few weeks before the leaks about the transcripts broke in the news, at which time Flynn was (finally) fired, supposedly for lying to Pence.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Nunes is abandoning any appearance of a legitimate investigation.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...illance-claims

Quote:
The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday he has "grave concerns" over Chairman Devin Nunes' (R-Calif.) handling of the Trump Tower wiretapping investigation.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) criticized Nunes for his surprise announcement earlier in the day that he had seen intelligence intercepts that showed authorities had incidentally gather information on members of the Trump transition team during investigations that the chairman said were not related to Russia.

Nunes made the announcement at a press conference, saying the information had been "widely disseminated" in an implicit criticism of intelligence community officials.

He then briefed the White House about his findings and appeared on CNN — without talking to Schiff, who knocked the chairman for not sharing the information.

"If accurate, this information should have been shared with members of the committee, but it has not been," Schiff said in a statement that criticized Nunes for a "profound irregularity" in how he had handled the situation.

"The Chairman also shared this information with the White House before providing it to the committee, another profound irregularity, given that the matter is currently under investigation. I have expressed my grave concerns with the Chairman that a credible investigation cannot be conducted this way," he said.
After making his announcement, Nunes said that President Trump was "to some degree" right about being surveilled by U.S. intelligence.
So, Nunes went to the president to reveal something that everyone already knows. Clearly this is what happened. The entire intel community was surveilling suspect Russians. Various figures in the Trump administration, since they were closely connected (and perhaps colluding) with the Russians were thus incidentally surveilled as a direct consequence of our surveillance of the Russians. Thus the Russians were being "wiretapped", not Trump. But Nunes breached etiquette in an attempt to give the president cover, and pretend that he wasn't making egregiously erroneous and irresponsible allegations over twitter.

The idea that the republicans could ever conduct a serious investigation into this matter was always laughable, but this simply makes that assessment beyond debate. Unfortunately there is little chance that they can be shamed into agreeing to an independent investigation, and there is equally little evidence to suggest that Comey is willing or capable of conducting an honest and unbiased investigation himself.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Ask the Russians to investigate Trump.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ask the Russians to investigate Trump.
Um....they already did, that's how they compromised him so easily.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Um....they already did, that's how they compromised him so easily.
See, problem solved. Isn't Putin a great president?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Ancient

Nunes apologized to his dem colleagues today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39372607

Considering how much Nunes and the other republicans on that committee were complaining about the illegality of leaks, this is nonetheless, still quite amusingly hypocritical irony...

Quote:
Mr Nunes has refused to reveal who passed him the information.
When asked whether it was the White House itself, he said he was "not going to ever reveal sources".
Old 03-24-2017, 06:49 PM
Ancient

Somewhat lost amidst the amusement over the most recent episode (i.e. the disastrous mishandling of his attempt to repeal-and-replace the ACA) in the chaotic incompetence and neverending circus that is the Trump-Ryan hegemony, one of Trump's still loyal vassals in the House was active again today.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ect-trump.html

Quote:
In Schiff’s view, Nunes should feel an obligation to protect the independence of his investigation — not to combat unfavorable media coverage of the president.

But Nunes seems to think otherwise: On Friday, the GOP lawmaker abruptly canceled an open hearing scheduled for next Tuesday, at which former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and former CIA Director John Brennan were all set to testify.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Trump Attempts to Bill Angela Merkel...

What an utter jackass.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 03-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
I knew he was a slime ball, but trying to make Germany pay off his personal debts is a real dick move.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:43 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
I knew he was a slime ball, but trying to make Germany pay off his personal debts is a real dick move.
In addition to his repeated rudeness to our friends in NATO, we also learned last week that he (or at least Flynn, back before his ouster) had been trying to engineer extraditing Gulen back to Turkey to face a kangaroo court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39391911

Tangential to that hostility towards our friends, and friendliness to our enemies (which clearly should include Turkey even though they're still technically in NATO), Germany and our other former friends in the West should be spending more on defense. They need to worry not just about terrorism, but about Russia and Turkey. And clearly Trump is going to be more part of the problem, than part of the solution on both of those issues.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
In addition to his repeated rudeness to our friends in NATO, we also learned last week that he (or at least Flynn, back before his ouster) had been trying to engineer extraditing Gulen back to Turkey to face a kangaroo court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39391911

Tangential to that hostility towards our friends, and friendliness to our enemies (which clearly should include Turkey even though they're still technically in NATO), Germany and our other former friends in the West should be spending more on defense. They need to worry not just about terrorism, but about Russia and Turkey. And clearly Trump is going to be more part of the problem, than part of the solution on both of those issues.
Regardless of that, its their choice as to whether they want to spend more, there is no requirement and it is utterly crass to even pull such a stunt. For one, even if they did owe NATO money, the US doesn't own NATO, its a joint alliance. Trump is so idiotic he likely doesn't even get that.

Besides, if Germany spent 2% of its GDP on military expenditures, they'd be outspending Russia militarily all by themselves. Just because the US wants to be ironmongers, the rest of the world doesn't have to follow suit with our ridiculous overemphasis on military spending.

Bottom line here is that Trump is a jackass who is completely ignorant and he's a complete and utter embarrassment to every situation he touches.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

I'm still kind of amazed that the people who were so up in arms about Hillary's emails are silent or indifferent on Trump installing a foreign agent as National Security Adviser. I mean, what the hell. I realize Trump is trying to pretend that he didn't know but Flynn's counsel actually informed the transition formally, so that's a load of garbage. That's probably the boldest strike against Pence at the moment; he's lying through his teeth about that.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I'm still kind of amazed that the people who were so up in arms about Hillary's emails are silent or indifferent on Trump installing a foreign agent as National Security Adviser. I mean, what the hell. I realize Trump is trying to pretend that he didn't know but Flynn's counsel actually informed the transition formally, so that's a load of garbage. That's probably the boldest strike against Pence at the moment; he's lying through his teeth about that.
Yeah but at least Trump has a penis...having a penis makes everything you do okay.

I think the relevant question becomes "What did the President know and when did he know it?"

Also, perhaps people should start following the money...

Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Maybe someone should ask: "Is the president a crook?"
Old 03-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Maybe someone should ask: "Is the president a crook?"
We already know the answer to that is a resounding Yes...its just the matter of proving it sufficiently for a GOP Congress to consider impeachment.

Another comparable task...attempting to fit a camel through the eye of a needle.

Closed Thread