art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
A shame that we ended up shooting ourselves in the face like that.
Like Cheney did, you mean?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Flynn is apparently making clear that he will not cooperate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e6ac7093b323

Quote:
Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who briefly served as national security adviser to President Donald Trump, is seeking immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying on the presidentís ties to Russia, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

According to the report, Flynn made the offer to the FBI, the House intelligence committee and the Senate intelligence committee.
Of course there's still the chance that he gets subpoenaed, and that we then get something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERm_WNxGs1U
Old 03-30-2017, 10:13 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Depending on what he hints he knows, he may be given immunity, no? That would certainly be entertaining.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
Depending on what he hints he knows, he may be given immunity, no? That would certainly be entertaining.
I doubt it. Why would any republican want to give him immunity?

It would be the dems that would be tempted to give him immunity so that he could turn in his colleagues and superiors (Manofort, Stone, Page, Sessions, Nunes, Bannon, and Trump). But the dems don't control the process. Why would Nunes want to give him immunity? So he can potentially give evidence implicating not just the president, but perhaps even himself? We know that the source in the WH that leaked this "evidence" to Nunes was Flynn's flunkie that McMaster had tried to fire. And Burr in the senate? He worked on Trump's transition team too. He seems slightly more responsible (or maybe just slightly less stupid) than Nunes, but should we really believe that he would want to help Flynn bury the WH? Comey? Maybe, but I have a hard time trusting Comey much more than any of these other republicans based upon how he's handled both this and the Hillary investigation. He seems just as corrupt as the rest of them. I will give Comey this much credit, he does seem smarter than most of these other republican schmucks.

The dem Congress gave Ollie North immunity because they hoped that he could give them Reagan. Although look on the bright side, if this were Russia, Flynn would already have been poisoned or have fallen out of a 20th floor window.

There is, of course, still a chance of truly spectacular audacity, and that Nunes gives Flynn immunity simply so that he can come before congress and plead the 5th to all the questions so that they can even further sabotage this investigation. I'm not sure that even Nunes is that brazen.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

In a normal world, North's testimony should have been enough to sink Reagan.

Its likely the same with Flynn against Trump. I suspect, at best, we'd get the same end game where Flynn takes the fall and maybe a couple other underlings but Deflon Don skates by.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Slate is a bit of a left wing rag but this is still interesting:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...&ICID=ref_fark

Sessions to focus on combating voter intimidation...against white voters.

Seriously...you can't make this up.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 04-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Ancient

Adult Swim, perhaps to make up for the fact that this whole year has felt like a cruel April Fool's joke, is streaming a new episode of Rick and Morty today.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

Last edited by Kimon; 04-01-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Best show on television...hands down.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Ancient

RIP Bill O'Reilly?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39492854
Old 04-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Fvck it, we'll do it live!!!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Fvck it, we'll do it live!!!
He may still survive this, and considering the FOX audience, all these car companies pulling their sponsorship won't be the death knell that losing the pharma cartels would be. Still, with the more info that comes out, he is seeming more and more to not just be a crass schmuck, but the type of misogynistic, sexual-harassing, pig that one would expect from a Ailes protege.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Ancient

The filibuster is officially dead.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39517649

This news likely drowned out another interesting bit of news from earlier today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39515098

Nunes has stepped aside from chairing the investigation. He is also under investigation now personally for ethics violations.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

I'm a bit more concerned with our impending military action against Assad...which is totally not going to be used as a distraction from all of Trump's domestic issues.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Ancient

Quote:
I'm a bit more concerned with our impending military action against Assad...which is totally not going to be used as a distraction from all of Trump's domestic issues.
Assad is a butcher, but trying to get rid of him still runs up against the same wall that it always has - getting rid of him means picking a fight with both Russia and Iran. Add to that the alternatives? The FSA that McCain still wants to arm is the Muslim Brotherhood, i.e. terrorists who are not only far too friendly with Erdogan, but who are little better than ISIS, and both of whom are far less secular than Assad. He's a butcher, and Shia (which is why all these disparate Sunni forces are trying to drag him down, why Iran is supporting him, and why the civil war started), but every other force (except the Kurds) involved in this civil war is still even worse.

And it has happened. 50 tomahawk missiles. This is colossally stupid. We should just be focusing on ISIS. We should not be involved in removing Assad. Hopefully this attack is just to send a message, but it is a far more dangerous way to send that message than economic sanctions and UN resolutions would have been.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Then again, UN resolutions were not a realistic option, seeing as how Trump doesn't want to "do diplomacy" in the first place, and then he would have had to convince Putin not to veto the resolution on top of that.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
And it has happened. 50 tomahawk missiles. This is colossally stupid. We should just be focusing on ISIS. We should not be involved in removing Assad. Hopefully this attack is just to send a message, but it is a far more dangerous way to send that message than economic sanctions and UN resolutions would have been.
This is 100% about distracting from his domestic issues and trying to show how tough he is to the Chinese as they arrive for a summit.

He comes off like a 12 year old boy trying to out tough his buddies in middle school.

Most 12 year old boys in Middle School would be better Presidents than him too.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Youngling

connabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really nice

Just for a bit of levity, the NYT accidentally referred to Ivanka as 'Trump's wife' which is spectacularly hilarious

http://www.avclub.com/article/new-yo...ocialMarketing
Old 04-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by connabard View Post
Just for a bit of levity, the NYT accidentally referred to Ivanka as 'Trump's wife' which is spectacularly hilarious

http://www.avclub.com/article/new-yo...ocialMarketing
Well...if the shoe fits

Old 04-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Ancient

StrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant futureStrangePackage has a brilliant future

And now more posturing with regard to NKorea.

Because when you prove grossly inept at any one thing, try multi-tasking instead!

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."- G.K. Chesterton

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."- Calvin
Old 04-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangePackage View Post
Because when you prove grossly inept at any one thing, try multi-tasking instead!
Speaking of grossly inept...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39546360

Quote:
President Donald Trump's deputy national security adviser, KT McFarland, has been asked to step down after just three months, US media say.
Ms McFarland, an ex-Fox News analyst, has been offered the role of ambassador to Singapore instead, Bloomberg and Reuters report.
It comes days after Mr Trump removed his senior strategist Steve Bannon from the National Security Council (NSC).
Have to wonder how much longer Tillerson will last also, as he has already been replaced in nearly all but title by Jared Kushner.
Closed Thread