art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Paul Ryan would be next in succession after Pence. Speaker comes before senate pres pro tempore.
That's what I thought, but I looked it up to be sure and Wikipedia said the Speaker was 4th. Guess that's what I get for trusting Wikipedia over what I learned in school more than 20 years ago... (Apparently Wikipedia no longer says this; I looked it up a couple of months ago. Maybe it never said that and I misread it.)

Last edited by Terez; 05-19-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...151565947.html

"Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up"

Also, it has been confirmed by multiple sources that this "person of interest" at the center of the investigation as reported earlier by WaPo is, to no one's surprise, Jared Kushner.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:01 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...151565947.html

"Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up"

Also, it has been confirmed by multiple sources that this "person of interest" at the center of the investigation as reported earlier by WaPo is, to no one's surprise, Jared Kushner.
There is also something quite suspicious about the fact that Trump still refuses to turn on Flynn. Considering that it was that hire that helped catalyze this scrutiny in a way that even the Russian hacking couldn't, since that was obviously far more tenuously connected to Trump, and yet he still defends both the man and the hire seems indicative of Flynn knowing too much.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that didn't take long, the Right is already attacking Robert Mueller as biased towards Comey and saying he should resign as special counsel.

Took all of 36 hours for the attacks to begin.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...l-counsel.html

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 05-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz on the Trump/Russia situation.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05...on-speechless/
Old 05-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

The Blaze? Not even once.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 05-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
Liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz on the Trump/Russia situation.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05...on-speechless/
Dershowitz isn't a good example to point to. It would be like trying to use Cornel West as an example of a typical liberal. West was on Real Time with Bill Maher last night, and Maher (and both of the other guests - Degrasse Tyson and Frum) was trying to reason with him, and West instead went off on his typical incoherent ranting about how Hillary was just as evil as Trump plus a bunch of rambling spiritual nonsense. It might be somewhat unfair to judge Bernie partly based upon his surrogates, but most of Bernie's surrogates were either insane, like West, or as*holes, like Jeff Weaver and Nina Turner, or just dumb, like Susan Surandon. Dershowitz is slightly less nuts than Cornel West, but not by much. He repeatedly attacked Obama when Obama tried to finally do something to stop Israel from expanding all their illegal settlements in the West Bank.

There are dozens of recent interviews that he has given on CNN (and various other networks) where he seems to be trying to paint Trump as the victim of a civil liberties pogrom.

Here's just one such example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MebeUCauT7s

It seems like all these follow a similar pattern - Toobin (who usually is also on the panel, at least on CNN) gives a rational analysis and then Dershowitz starts in on some illogical diatribe. I'm honestly not sure what he is up to. He seems to be either angling to be hired by the Trump administration, or by Fox, or is already on Trump and/or Russia's payroll. Dershowitz' arguments are not quite as ludicrous as the clear Trump surrogates, like Jack Kingston, but they still are a mix of irrational and bs. His is not an opinion that I value.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you guys even bother? If a Liberal told him the sky was blue and a Republican told him it was orange, he'd be on here the next day telling us it's orange and only blind fools think it's blue.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

What a shock, Sheriff David Clarke is just as stupid as he looks...he plagiarized his entire masters thesis apparently.

Is there anyone on the Far Right that hasn't cheated like this?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/...ke-plagiarism/

Old 05-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Ancient

This story sounds like the prologue to a James Bond film.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39989142
Old 05-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Probably a humint source on our side...the same thing happened to our agents in Russia when Robert Hanssen and Aldrich Ames were feeding them info. That's why both of them are currently guests of the government for the rest of their lives.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Trump's presidency is looking more and more like a conspiracy to see how much you can figuratively sodomize the American public before they actually do something about it.

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 05-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
Trump's presidency is looking more and more like a conspiracy to see how much you can figuratively sodomize the American public before they actually do something about it.
On the other hand, you have to admit that he embodies the slogan "Yes, we can!" far better than his predecessor ever managed.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

"How the media handles Democrat scandals:
1) Receive credible evidence of a Democrat scandal
2) Suppress evidence of said Democrat scandal
3) Lightly report on said scandal for a few days so the media bias isn't immediately obvious
4) Stop reporting on said scandal after a few days, while never getting to the truth, and then accuse anyone seeking the truth of a "witch-hunt."
How the media handles Republican "scandals":
1) Seek out an anonymous source to make an unfounded allegation against a Republican
2) Showcase the unfounded allegations in a never-ending series of stories which already imply guilt
3) Insist that any investigation "get to the bottom" of the "scandal"
4) Despite zero evidence, demand prosecutions and resignations."

-Daniel Bongino speaking truth.

The Russians won't destroy America. The godless trash on the Left will destroy America.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05...iddle-fingers/

Disgusting garbage like that ^ is what we are supposed to look up to? Granted, it's California (the home of the wackos), but still...

Filth.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Ancient

Quote:
3) Lightly report on said scandal for a few days so the media bias isn't immediately obvious
4) Stop reporting on said scandal after a few days, while never getting to the truth, and then accuse anyone seeking the truth of a "witch-hunt."
1) Seek out an anonymous source to make an unfounded allegation against a Republican
2) Showcase the unfounded allegations in a never-ending series of stories which already imply guilt

The Russians won't destroy America. The godless trash on the Left will destroy America.

Disgusting garbage like that ^ is what we are supposed to look up to? Granted, it's California (the home of the wackos), but still...

Filth.
I occasionally wonder if republicans remember that Fox, Breitbart, Infowars, OAN (why exactly att uverse chose to include this instead of BBCNews never made sense to me), most of talk radio, the Wall Street Journal, various other smaller and midsized distribution conservative papers, like the Chicago Tribune, all are also part of the media. Some of these, like the Wall Street Journal are reliable, but when the second most reliable from the above is Fox, that is quite telling in terms of which segment of the media is really the more tilted.

It often seems that when republicans say media they are thinking exclusively of CNN (centrist), MSNBC (definitely slanted to the left, but less so than most of those mentioned above are to the right), and then the two great newspapers, the NYT and the Washington Post. Quite possibly the BBC gets tossed into that same mix. Maybe also PBS, though most people just watch PBS for cooking shows (like Martha Stewart), kids shows (like Sesame Street), travel shows (like Rick Steves), and British imports (like Downton Abbey). Honestly not sure if at this point if republicans would consider the Economist liberal as well. Certainly it is not, but then anything that reports science (i.e. believes in global warming), and doesn't serve simply as a panegyric for the tea party and evangelism now seemingly according to the right is enemy propaganda.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I occasionally wonder if ...[snip]
and I occasionally wonder if he uses a bit more choke he might actually get that thing started and leave us the hell alone.

I mean it's like a Priest going to another place of worship and trying to convince everyone that they're heathens and going to hell. I'm sure he thinks he's trying to good by coming here and sprouting his BS, but really, he's just barking up the wrong tree.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

Filth.
Are you high? Cause that's the kind of shit someone who is high tends to post.

How many stupid stories about emails did we hear during the election again? You idiots elected a rapist just because of some "emails" or because of the 50th Benghazi investigation that dominated the news for months.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I occasionally wonder if republicans remember that Fox, Breitbart, Infowars, OAN (why exactly att uverse chose to include this instead of BBCNews never made sense to me), most of talk radio, the Wall Street Journal, various other smaller and midsized distribution conservative papers, like the Chicago Tribune, all are also part of the media. Some of these, like the Wall Street Journal are reliable, but when the second most reliable from the above is Fox, that is quite telling in terms of which segment of the media is really the more tilted.

It often seems that when republicans say media they are thinking exclusively of CNN (centrist), MSNBC (definitely slanted to the left, but less so than most of those mentioned above are to the right), and then the two great newspapers, the NYT and the Washington Post. Quite possibly the BBC gets tossed into that same mix. Maybe also PBS, though most people just watch PBS for cooking shows (like Martha Stewart), kids shows (like Sesame Street), travel shows (like Rick Steves), and British imports (like Downton Abbey). Honestly not sure if at this point if republicans would consider the Economist liberal as well. Certainly it is not, but then anything that reports science (i.e. believes in global warming), and doesn't serve simply as a panegyric for the tea party and evangelism now seemingly according to the right is enemy propaganda.
America's Test Kitchen is a million times better than Martha Stewart as far as PBS cooking shows go...as are the Jacque Pepin shows. Jacque Pepin is an awesome chef for what its worth and his cookbooks are excellent. They're up there with Julia Child for books every semiserious cook should have in their kitchen.

Personally, I tend to listen to NPR on my way to work as its a good mix of human interest, serious news and very little slant one way or the other. As far as news sites online, I'll skim through all 3 big American sites (CNN, NBCNews and Foxnews to see what the talking heads are freaking out about) and then hit Al Jazeera English and BBCNews for other viewpoints. My favorite political blog is Electoral-Vote.com and you can tell both writers skew to the left but they temper their views quite a bit on that. Its one thing to have a bias (we all have bias) and its another to pretend you don't or to not notice it in others when judging a source.

The left wing equivalent of the BS that Southpaw posts would be crap like the Palmer Report or PoliticusUSA maybe. Even the Huffington Post isn't that loony and they are definitely stupid biased...up there with Slate for stupidity.

That's the difference though, you'll never see leftist freaks like Kimon and me post a Slate article or a Palmer Report article and go "SEE, YOU STUPID CONSERVATIVES ARE DUMB!!!" like he tends to do.

Difference between being an adult and a child I guess.

Also, my Intel background makes me super leery of 1-2 sources and/or circular reporting on an issue to begin with so I like to avoid jumping to dumb conclusions like that or looking for underage sex dungeons in pizzerias without basements like some on the Right tend to do.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mike Flynn refuses subpoena and plans to plead the 5th.

What a shock.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

If he hadn't done anything wrong, then he wouldn't have anything to hide, would he?
At least, that's what all those law and order folks always keep saying, and seeing as how he is one of them he should believe that.